Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Australia - New Zealand (http://www.bikeforums.net/australia-new-zealand/)
-   -   The Aussie thread. . . part cinq. (http://www.bikeforums.net/australia-new-zealand/210484-aussie-thread-part-cinq.html)

Hitchy 07-14-06 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thylacine
So I'm guessing nobody wants my recipe for French Onion Soup then?

:lol:

(Sigh)...might as well, there'll be no riding in this bloody weather....Dry all week, then raining on the weeekend?....It's a conspiracy I tells ya....a conspiracy!

Wilchemy 07-14-06 10:09 PM

St Kilda CC is all about even tans and coffee...:D ;)

Wilchemy 07-14-06 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitchy
(Sigh)...might as well, there'll be no riding in this bloody weather....Dry all week, then raining on the weeekend?....It's a conspiracy I tells ya....a conspiracy!

Yep, it sux the big one. Almost tempted to go and play in the mud on the mtb - but it's nice & warm inside so maybe not:)

Is it snowing up in the hills today? Odin? Existence?

Wilchemy 07-14-06 10:19 PM

skcc is also a long way from you ex. blackburn would be closer I reckon. They do a mix of road, track & crits.
Carnegie/Caulfield is big in numbers & big into all forms of racing too.

matagi 07-14-06 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 531Aussie
Worse kind of weather: the pressure system hardly moving, and just rotating in the one the spot :(

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDE00902.loop.shtml

For those of us dependent on rainwater tanks, this is wonderful weather. :D

Looks like we will get a chance to test our rain jackets if we decide to go out tomorrow. :(

Hitchy 07-14-06 11:27 PM

so.....who else got the "refrain from calling seppo's, seppo's", PM from Koffee. I'm considering a response

mrkott3r 07-14-06 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitchy
so.....who else got the "refrain from calling seppo's, seppo's", PM from Koffee. I'm considering a response


why bother it ain't like you have a review process. The best you can hope for by replying is that you get told not to call 'em seppos again.

I wonder if we can get the word blipped.

matagi 07-14-06 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitchy
so.....who else got the "refrain from calling seppo's, seppo's", PM from Koffee. I'm considering a response

Nope, but then you tend to use the word outside this thread, and if I recall (was it in the Tour de France subforum?) someone actually took exception to the use of the word.

I reckon if you confined your use of the word to TAT, no-one would give a rat's.

wattsy_rules 07-15-06 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitchy
(Sigh)...might as well, there'll be no riding in this bloody weather....Dry all week, then raining on the weeekend?....It's a conspiracy I tells ya....a conspiracy!

Ya Girly Man!!! I rode 76K's this morning in the driving rain...Couldn't feel my toes from Mordy on the way down. Very happy with the SL's too!!:)

jock 07-15-06 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TowelledByKoffee
so.....who else got the "refrain from calling seppo's, seppo's", PM from Koffee. I'm considering a response

Guess you'll just have to refer to them by some other label as opposed to using a benign Australian colloquialism. "Over-sensitive bastards" seems to fit. OSB's for short.

Whatdya reckon Marty, Brian?

mrkott3r 07-15-06 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by existence
i hate israel...there you go i said it.:mad:


haha, thats now my sig. thanks

Odin 07-15-06 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilchemy
...
Is it snowing up in the hills today? Odin? Existence?

Nope.
It was bloody freezing in Olinda on Wednesday though... my feet bypassed going numb and started to feel like they were burning... hurt like hell.

Hitchy 07-15-06 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by existence
i hate israel...there you go i said it.:mad:


...you're not allowed to say that here....cos the Seppo's (whoops) I mean "the over sensitive American Liberators of all that is good, especially if there's a quid in it for them", like Israel......therefore, you are not entitled to an opinion where it doesn't match that of the certain mods on this forum...so there...so hate Israel all you like.....just don't acll 'em Seppos D:

mrkott3r 07-15-06 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitchy
...you're not allowed to say that here....cos the Seppo's (whoops) I mean "the over sensitive American Liberators of all that is good, especially if there's a quid in it for them", like Israel......therefore, you are not entitled to an opinion where it doesn't match that of the certain mods on this forum...so there...so hate Israel all you like.....just don't acll 'em Seppos D:


I smell a revolution coming on.
Where as the French when you need them.

Maybe we should adopt a social forum style. Al la digg. www.digg.com Check out how the comments work.

wattsy_rules 07-15-06 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 531Aussie
... but you took your new stuff out in this weather????!!!!

That's what a 2nd (or third......or fourth) bike is for :)

Yep, but it got lot's of TLC when I got back. Got a full clean, dry off and WD40 followed by lot's of hugs:D

mrkott3r 07-15-06 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wattsy_rules
...WD40...

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

doesnt WD40 wash crap back into bearings?

Hitchy 07-15-06 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrkott3r
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

doesnt WD40 wash crap back into bearings?

Depends what the mods think! :D

62vette 07-15-06 01:53 AM

Israel and America are fighting the good fight for you and me! *cough* w@nkers *cough*

It reminds me of the hippy saying from when I was a nipper - Fighting for peace is like ****ing for virginity!

pshaw 07-15-06 02:37 AM

Has anyone seen Brian? Or have the mennonites drowned him in a vat of 80's aftershave?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:34 AM.