Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cdale CAAD7 help

    I just got a Cdale caad7 frame from a friend and I need help with the sizes of certain components that fit the caad7 frame

    seatpost.... 27.2??
    stem clamp..... 31.8??
    front derailleur.... 31.8??


    please correct me if I am wrong about any of these... or please confirm that these are the correct component sizes

    Thanks
    Justin

  2. #2
    Senior Member sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,428
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpbova
    I just got a Cdale caad7 frame from a friend and I need help with the sizes of certain components that fit the caad7 frame

    seatpost.... 27.2??
    stem clamp..... 31.8??
    front derailleur.... 31.8??


    please correct me if I am wrong about any of these... or please confirm that these are the correct component sizes

    Thanks
    Justin
    Stem clamp depends on the bars being used, not frame dependent. Others are correct.

  3. #3
    rider of small bicycles geneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    My Bikes
    Cannondale
    Posts
    1,686
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, here's another Caad7 question.
    After racing in rain of biblical proportions yesterday evening I have water in my frame. I can see the drain holes on the seat stays but for the life of me cannot get the water out through them ... and yes I used a little probe to make sure they weren't clogged. Thoughts?

    Mark

  4. #4
    Immoderator KrisPistofferson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    POS Tennessee
    My Bikes
    Gary Fisher Simple City 8, Litespeed Obed
    Posts
    7,596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geneman
    OK, here's another Caad7 question.
    After racing in rain of biblical proportions yesterday evening I have water in my frame. I can see the drain holes on the seat stays but for the life of me cannot get the water out through them ... and yes I used a little probe to make sure they weren't clogged. Thoughts?

    Mark
    Set it out in the summer sun for a while. It's aluminum,so it won't rust, just make sure your bearings are greased and fugheddaboutit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikeforums
    Your rights end where another poster's feelings begin.

  5. #5
    Senior Member sydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,428
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by krispistoferson
    Set it out in the summer sun for a while. It's aluminum,so it won't rust, just make sure your bearings are greased and fugheddaboutit.
    Works better to pull the seatpost and turn it upside down to drain. Rotting frogs in the BB are nasty business. There is no greasing of sealed cartridge BB bearings.

  6. #6
    rider of small bicycles geneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    My Bikes
    Cannondale
    Posts
    1,686
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sydney
    Works better to pull the seatpost and turn it upside down to drain. Rotting frogs in the BB are nasty business. There is no greasing of sealed cartridge BB bearings.

    Now THAT I'll try. Thanks.

    Mark

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    569
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a link to the CAAD7 components specification (at the bottom).

    http://www.cannondale.com/Asset/iu_files/0115936.pdf

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •