Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Kolkata, India
Bikes: Hero Ranger Swing (MTB)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is my first bike maintainence post! I've been meaning to ask you good people these questions
I've few problems with my new MTB:
1. My cantilever brakes are not adjusted properly. Can someone please help me? They are very ineffective and take ages to stop
I've got new non-worn out brake shoes though.
2. What is the best height for your saddle? I'm 6feet tall and weigh about 58kgs.
3. I can hear squeaking sounds from my rear suspenison (swing arm) What is the solution?
4. At times I can hear the chain rub against the front cage slightly. Trimming doesnt help
What should I do?
5. Some rear gears give a jerk while upshifting and downshifting which in turn jerks the pedal and is dangerous . What to do?
6. What type of lube should I use on my chain
? In my country I dont have proper bike shops available so I dont know if I will be able to procure the right one..
7. My front shifter has become slighly tight. Especially while shifting from 2nd to 3rd chainwheel. What should I do?
I've attacthed pics for illustration. Hope to get opinions of members!
edit: pls guys some help!
Last edited by Ayush; 09-20-05 at 01:37 AM.