Ok...here is my drivetrain setup:
1. SRM Pro up front with Stronglight 10sp chainrings (come w/unit)
2. Campy record rear der 10sp (carbon). There is an adjuster barrel on the cable about 1/2 way down.
3. Campy chorus 10sp fr der
4. Campy record 10sp Ultra Carbon shift/brake ergopower levers
5. Wipperman connex 10sp chain w/ power link
6. Campy 10sp Centaur 12-25 cogset
Now to my problems.
Problem #1: I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS STUFF SHIFT NICELY!!? I have replaced cables, chains, cassettes, tuned it myself, brought it to a mechanic and gotten it tuned...nothing. The thing I notice is this, it NEVER shifts down into the 12 cog. No matter how much tweaking, tuning, turning, etc, I cannot get it to go into the 12. How can I correct this? Am I overlooking something obvious?Like I said, I have changed cables, housing, cassettes, and chains to try to fix this. If my mechanic tweaks it, it's good for about 2 shifts into the 12, then, forget about it.
Problem #2: On 2 occasions, while waiting at a red light, when I started to pedal again, I hear this "crunch". Next thing I know the SECOND chain I've bought now has a kink/dead link in it. Get this though, it's not a problem with the pins or anything like that, but rather, the roller itself now has a mini-gouge in it!?