Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Quick question about BB's...

    Hi, im new to this forum...

    I'm interested in buying a Campag Record Pista (Not because I want to show off but because I can get it for a pretty good deal) chainset w/ BB for my 2006 Felt TK2 frameset and was wondering a couple of questions about the BB.

    What is the difference between Italian and English threads?
    Is a Felt TK2 (2006) frameset compatible with Italian threads?
    Are all bikes compatible with both threads?

    Thanks for all the help

  2. #2
    Klaatu barada nikto cascade168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Southern NH
    Posts
    1,453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dori_Matt
    Hi, im new to this forum...

    I'm interested in buying a Campag Record Pista (Not because I want to show off but because I can get it for a pretty good deal) chainset w/ BB for my 2006 Felt TK2 frameset and was wondering a couple of questions about the BB.

    What is the difference between Italian and English threads?
    Here is a good definition of bottom bracket types (from Sheldon Brown):
    http://sheldonbrown.com/gloss_bo-z.html#bottom


    Quote Originally Posted by Dori_Matt
    Is a Felt TK2 (2006) frameset compatible with Italian threads?
    Here's the product page for your bike:

    http://www.feltracing.com/06/06_track/

    The fact that they don't mention bottom bracket specs anywhere makes you believe it's almost certainly English. If it was Italian, they would mention it for sure. Lovely bike, BTW ;-)


    Quote Originally Posted by Dori_Matt
    Are all bikes compatible with both threads?
    No. The different types are not compatable, but English and Italian bottom brackets are both commonly available.


    FWIW, you can get Record Pista BB's in either English or Italian flavors.
    "Work is the curse of the drinking class."
    - Oscar Wilde

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cascade168
    Here is a good definition of bottom bracket types (from Sheldon Brown):
    http://sheldonbrown.com/gloss_bo-z.html#bottom
    Thanks, that made it alot clearer now. Def. worth bookmarking it.

    Quote Originally Posted by cascade168
    Here's the product page for your bike:

    http://www.feltracing.com/06/06_track/

    The fact that they don't mention bottom bracket specs anywhere makes you believe it's almost certainly English. If it was Italian, they would mention it for sure. Lovely bike, BTW ;-)
    Thankyou, yeah that's what i thought, i checked there and was curious that the BB wasn't shown.


    Quote Originally Posted by cascade168
    No. The different types are not compatable, but English and Italian bottom brackets are both commonly available.
    Damn it.

    Quote Originally Posted by cascade168
    FWIW, you can get Record Pista BB's in either English or Italian flavors.
    Yeah, but unfortunately the deal has only the Italian thread BB available ATM, Ill get the shop can to get some stock in when i get a little more cash in hand.

    Thanks for all the help. Appreciate it alot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •