Join Date: Aug 2005
Bikes: Trek, Cannondale Tandem, Surly LHT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1. Remove wheels.
2. Soak a clean rag in denatured alcohol.
3. Slide the rag back and forth between the pads until it comes out clean.
4. Wipe the rotors with the rag.
5. Replace wheels.
6. Make sure all brake fastners are properly tightened.
7. Adjust pad clearance to rotors.
If squeeking persists, remove the wheels and gently sand the rotors with 180-200 grit sand paper, just enough to remove the glaze. Clean rotors with denatured alcohol soaked rag, and replace. That should do it. OHB