I'm about to embark on my first Italian Job: building up a vintage Caldaro with Campy components. I have a few questions regarding the Italian threaded bottom bracket:
* Locktite or teflon tape? I've never used either with a standard English threaded Shimano BB, but it seems like one or the other is needed to keep one side from unscrewing itself from the pedaling motion.
* Campy or Park BB tool? I've had very good luck with generic tools for 99% of the stuff I do and then I'll use a Park tool for the other 1%. I'm guessing the Park BB tool is sufficient here too, right?
* Is it worth buying a torque wrench? With standard English BB's I just crank until it's good and tight and have never had a problem, but again, I wonder if it's worth shelling out a few bucks for the proper tool here.
* "Vented" BB shell? The Caldaro has big vents (for the lack of a better term) in the BB shell. Do I need to do anything to protect the BB? My guess is no, but let me know otherwise.
* Am I forgetting anything else?