Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Telecommunication Tweek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fort Payne, AL
    My Bikes
    Used to ride Trek rigid and hardtails, soon to have something new.
    Posts
    605
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Good cheap work stand?

    I'm looking for a decently priced work stand for a mountain bike, one with a stable platform so I can also trust it to store the bike unattended and not tip over.



    I'm kinda looking for one like this but something tells me that cost a lot of money.

  2. #2
    Senior Member barba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,083
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought this one recently:

    http://www.nashbar.com/profile_morei...ku=6652&brand=

    I would prefer a clamp-style one, but for $40 it works pretty well.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,901
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one you pictured is about $175. How "cheap" are you looking for?

  4. #4
    Telecommunication Tweek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fort Payne, AL
    My Bikes
    Used to ride Trek rigid and hardtails, soon to have something new.
    Posts
    605
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking for ~$100

    Maybe if I can get away with something $75 that would be good.

  5. #5
    Senior Member garysol1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Avon , Ohio
    Posts
    9,844
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barba
    I bought this one recently:

    http://www.nashbar.com/profile_morei...ku=6652&brand=

    I would prefer a clamp-style one, but for $40 it works pretty well.
    Ordered mine Friday. Great deal on a good stand

  6. #6
    is slower than you Peek the Geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    WI
    My Bikes
    Gunnar Sport, Marin Pine Mountain, Gunnar Ruffian, Gunnar Roadie, BMC Fourstroke, Salsa Vaya
    Posts
    1,486
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy. Park PCS-9 on eBay, brand new, for $49 plus $30 shipping. The seller is very reputable, and the stand is more than adequate. Plus, it's a Park.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Park-PCS-9-Bicyl...QQcmdZViewItem

    I've been using the PCS-9 for a few years and have been very happy with it. It's stable, yet doesn't take up as much floor space as the three leg tripod-type stands. I use the stand almost daily and don't know why I would need anything fancier for home wrenching.

  7. #7
    Senior Member slim_77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    chicago,Il
    My Bikes
    yes please
    Posts
    2,401
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barba
    I bought this one recently:

    http://www.nashbar.com/profile_morei...ku=6652&brand=

    I would prefer a clamp-style one, but for $40 it works pretty well.
    ...this looks great, it folds like an ironing board. Sold.
    gravity: it's not just a good idea, it's the law.

  8. #8
    Senior Member barba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,083
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slim_77
    ...this looks great, it folds like an ironing board. Sold.
    I just set it up and started using it. I am very impressed thus far. It holds the bike very well, and I am not nervous about crushing or damaging any frame parts. The only downside I could see is doing headset work (or other things that involve taking off the fork).

  9. #9
    Telecommunication Tweek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fort Payne, AL
    My Bikes
    Used to ride Trek rigid and hardtails, soon to have something new.
    Posts
    605
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peek the Geek
    Easy. Park PCS-9 on eBay, brand new, for $49 plus $30 shipping. The seller is very reputable, and the stand is more than adequate. Plus, it's a Park.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Park-PCS-9-Bicyl...QQcmdZViewItem

    I've been using the PCS-9 for a few years and have been very happy with it. It's stable, yet doesn't take up as much floor space as the three leg tripod-type stands. I use the stand almost daily and don't know why I would need anything fancier for home wrenching.

    Looks good, thanks for the link.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •