I would like to know about greases/lubes/etc. How many kinds of grease/lube does one need and which parts get which? I bought some Phil Wood grease today, and because I want my touring bike to be cleanish, I'm going to use White Lighting as well (I use that only for the drivetrain right?). I'll also get some Blue Loctite as per a suggestion from a bikeforum member to use on screws, bolts, etc. I'll get a cleaner too.
1) Do I need anything else?
2) What is Phil Wood tenacious oil used for? (specifically which metal to metal contacts should I apply this to)?
3) When installing a cassette on hub, do you grease the hub? (for moisture protection?) If so, should I use the PW tenacious oil/PW grease for this?
4) When installing your seatpost, do you grease/oil it a little? How about the fork? (headset and BB will be installed at LBS - they'll grease it for me I'm assuming)
5) For those who use White Lightening, do you just apply it after building the drivetrain, or do you grease/lube certain parts before building?
6) I don't want the bike to get all gunked up with grease and eventually dirt. Is a thin layer of grease enough?
7) Do "dry lubes" work as well as "wet lubes"?
Thanks for the help