Advertise on

User Tag List

Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1

    Steering Component Inquiry: What's-It and Where Can I Get One?

    I'm diddling with an aging TREK ZX7000. There's a softish rubber[?] "seal" that sits atop the head tube, surrounding the steering tube, keeping water and crap outta' the unit. Mine's crumbled and alles kaput. I've got the steering unit back together mostly so's not to lose anything 'til I get this thing replaced. [Without this seal thing, I can see bearings when I spy down the steering tube. . .can't possibly be a good thing, I expect.]

    Anyway, I can't identify this part in Zinn's blow-up pictures. Without a name, it's hard to look in, say, Bike Tools, Etc. or Loose Screws to find a replacement.

    So. . .what's-it and here might I get one?

    Many thanks.

  2. #2
    LF for the accentdeprived
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Budapest, Hungary
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it a wedge-shaped slotted ring? If yes, it's the thingie that centers the top cup of the headset. Park call it "centering sleeve".

    It's on the right hand side in this pic
    Quote Originally Posted by dutret
    Do you deny that you are clueless or do you just think that "moron" didn't need to be tacked on there?
    Bike on flickr and on FGG

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts