Ok, I know this pops up at least once a week, but I feel like I've exhausted the options. I ride a Cannondale R300.
Steps I've taken:
1. tightened seat rails, seatpost binder bolt, crankarms, stem, handlebar clamp.
2. lubed pedals
3. replaced old (crappy) BB with Shimano UN73 (a good one)
4. pulled the new BB 3x, repacking with grease, then teflon tape, then grease again (lots - basically filling the BB)
The only time that I've had any reduction in the amount / frequency of creaking was right after reinstalling with teflon tape. However, this wore off after a while and the creaking returned.
1. How much teflon tape do I need to use? I did 3 -4 turns around the threads, thinking that was enough.
2. Has anyone had trouble with the plastic NDS cups on Shimano sealed cartridges? Should I buy another BB with an alloy NDS cup?