I just bought an older Klein Quantum Road frame. I would like to get a crankset but I am not sure what will fit. I could not find a good match at Sheldon Brown's site.
Here is what I know about the bottom bracket:
1) Press fit threadless bb installed by Klein (according to the prev owner).
2) Bike had all Dura Ace components (according to the prev owner).
3) Type 1 (hole on end for bolt) square taper (13mm on tip to 14.5mm at inside end of taper).
4) Spindle length from tip to tip is 117.5mm.
5) Width of the frame at the bb is 76mm.
6) Spindle is offset left side (tip to frame) 22mm, right (crank side) (tip to frame) 19.5mm.
7) The bb bearing has 6003 RSR and 6003 C3 Portugal on it.
It also came with an shimano 600 (ultegra?) rear 8 speed hub (13,14,15,17,19,21,23,26), I believe this was on the bike when it was together.
I am not sure what year the bike is. The bike has the narrow seat post and somewhat smaller tubing on the frame (pre 1992?) So my guess is 89' - 91'. The S/N is QU724.
This BB is nice and smooth and has no play as far as I can tell. The previous owner said he may have put 8,000 – 10,000 miles on it.
Also is there any chance in still finding a new bb to fit this frame? My Dad has a newer Klein (92’ -95’ ish) with threadless bb and he has not been able to locate a replacement for his.
Thanks in advance for any info you can send my way about the bike or crankset recommendations.
Sorry if I wrote too much information but I figured the more the better.