Fixed Gear Bottom Bracket Conversion
I have a 1979 Schwinn Varsity that I converted to a fixed gear some time ago, and now I'd like to replace the one piece crank that came with it to a modern BB. I do however have a few questions, and would appreciate anybody who's done a similar project sharing their experience.
1. What length Bottom Bracket should I use in order to keep my chainline the same?
2. Do the BMX cranks such as the Bulletproof cranks accept standard pedals?
3. I'm having trouble ordering from Harris Cyclery's internet site, and they're not answering the phone - where else can I find a set of short stack bolts for the chainring?
Parts list under consideration:
- Bottom Bracket Adapter FMF Adapter OR TruVative Adapter
- Bulletproof Silver 110 BCD Cranks - Length = 165
- Rocket Ring BMX Chainring - 40 Teeth (I have a 15 tooth sprocket)
- Bottom Bracket - Shimano 105