Chaffing is your friend
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Perhaps I wasn't clear enough... lol
As I understand it, you're having a hard time shifting to the big chainring. When you say 'tough' time shifting, that could mean a few things. Anyhow, if you mean 'tough' as in you physically have to push the shifter with force to get it into the top chainring, then that is a symptom of a shifter cable that is too tight.
Other reasons for not shifting to top chainring are:
- dirt cable housing; clean cables
- derailleur alignment; make sure cage is parallel to chainrings
- derailleur adjustment; loosen H gear screw
- crank bolt loose; crank/rings are not pushed onto Bottom Bracket all the way or chainrings angled
- Mismatched components; chain/rings/derailleur compatibility
Perhaps describe in greater detail so we can narrow down the reasons.
I hope this helps more than my previous post