Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Zeist, Netherlands
Bikes: '90 Peugeot Ventoux, Cornelo, '89 Gazelle Field Cruiser MTB, '83 Peugeot PFN10, '96 Gary Fisher Aquila
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
FD doesn't reach outer chain ring
- I've got an older type Shimano 600 front derailleur (FD-6207) getting it's cable from the bottom.
- I've got 3/7 STI shifters (RSX).
- I've got an older Shimano crankset (dont have the number here), a double
- I don't know exactly about the bottom bracket but it is a Shimano MH BC137 (aug '88) 1.37x68mm with a square tappered axle
At first, with an old Koga branded SR Sakea crankset it worked perfect. Than i replaced the crankset with the above one and now the FD can't reach the outer chainring. I did try loosen the limiter screws but i think the FD just can't reach that far, thus:
- the crankset isn't far enough at the axle due to incompatibility or
- the FD is not suitabel or
- i do something wrong