Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    williamsburg, Va
    My Bikes
    Trek Madone, Kestrel Talon SL, Cannondale Slice
    Posts
    107
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Kysrium SL spokes

    Anyone know where you can buy Kysrium SL spokes? I'd bought a few on eBay a while back, but a recent check there did not turn-up anything.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    My Bikes
    c'dale six13, bobjackson
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    question, why do you need sl spokes? i have been runnning elites for approximately 5500 miles now w/o a spoke problem or failure. in fact, the wheels are perfectly true. best wheels i have ever owned in over 45 years of cycling. oh and i am 6'4" and 22o lbs.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    williamsburg, Va
    My Bikes
    Trek Madone, Kestrel Talon SL, Cannondale Slice
    Posts
    107
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some 'jamoke' chopped me so hard on our group ride last night that he bent one of my spokes! I have no idea how I didn't go down. Otherwise, my experience with these wheels is similar to yours (except for the rim cracking around the spokes last year....that's another story).

    Anyway, I'd love to buy a package of replacement spokes.

    Quote Originally Posted by alancw3 View Post
    question, why do you need sl spokes? i have been runnning elites for approximately 5500 miles now w/o a spoke problem or failure. in fact, the wheels are perfectly true. best wheels i have ever owned in over 45 years of cycling. oh and i am 6'4" and 22o lbs.

  4. #4
    Klaatu barada nikto cascade168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Southern NH
    Posts
    1,453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gcthree View Post
    Anyone know where you can buy Kysrium SL spokes? I'd bought a few on eBay a while back, but a recent check there did not turn-up anything.

    Thanks!
    You can buy them from any Mavic dealer. Mavic does not sell via eBay dealers and anyone buying from eBay should be aware that they are on their own, as far as support goes.

    Also, there are three generations of Kysrium SL's and the spokes are specific to each. So, by getting your spokes from a dealer you can be assured of getting the ones you need for your specific wheel.
    Last edited by cascade168; 07-25-07 at 06:29 PM. Reason: addition
    "Work is the curse of the drinking class."
    - Oscar Wilde

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    williamsburg, Va
    My Bikes
    Trek Madone, Kestrel Talon SL, Cannondale Slice
    Posts
    107
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I googled the spokes and came up with Texas Cyclesports. Are you ready for this? $27.99 each!!!! Holy ___! Can you believe that?

  6. #6
    Klaatu barada nikto cascade168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Southern NH
    Posts
    1,453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gcthree View Post
    I googled the spokes and came up with Texas Cyclesports. Are you ready for this? $27.99 each!!!! Holy ___! Can you believe that?
    That's about what I'd expect a dealer to sell a 10 pack for. What does "each" mean? If that's per spoke, keep looking for some sanity.
    "Work is the curse of the drinking class."
    - Oscar Wilde

  7. #7
    The Red Lantern Rev.Chuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    5,967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We sell them by the each for $3.10 each(And stock about a $2000 worth of Mavic spokes for just about all their wheels). As do many bike shops.
    Are you a registered member? Why not? click here to register. Its free, and only takes 27 seconds!
    Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.

    I am in the woods and I have gone crazy.

  8. #8
    Klaatu barada nikto cascade168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Southern NH
    Posts
    1,453
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev.Chuck View Post
    We sell them by the each for $3.10 each(And stock about a $2000 worth of Mavic spokes for just about all their wheels). As do many bike shops.
    Yes, the sanity I was referring to. Thanks, Chuck!
    "Work is the curse of the drinking class."
    - Oscar Wilde

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •