I have a 1986 Raleigh Technium 480 that is in great shape, all original gear.
42-52 Sakae Crankset (170 mm ?)
14-28 cluster - Suntour "Perfect"
Suntour LePREE front & rear derailleurs
I need some seriously lower gear ratios for an upcoming tour with long hills and 20 lbs of gear.
Any advice on upgrading either front crankset or rear cluster or both?
1. Could I get a triple ring crankset for this bike? Where? What is involved?
2. If I couldn't get a triple, could I replace the 42 with something substantially smaller?
3. How about replacing the entire 42-52? With what?
4. Where can I get a rear cluster with 14-30, 14-32 or maybe 14-34? Possible?
5. Can I put a 7 sprocket or more cluster on this bike?