Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Senior Member Philcycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Imperial, MO
    Posts
    210
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Anyone still have one of Sheldon's Drop Bolts?

    Desperately needing just one for my Giant OCR (dang long reach junk). Anyone still have one laying around? Top dollar paid! Thanks!

  2. #2
    * vpiuva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,458
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't Sheldon make one out of hardware store junk? I made one once from a short strap I cut in two and a nylon insert bought at Home Depot for about $3.

  3. #3
    cab horn
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    1987 Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    28,298
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by box of water View Post
    Desperately needing just one for my Giant OCR (dang long reach junk). Anyone still have one laying around? Top dollar paid! Thanks!
    Just buy the Tektro long reaches. A set can't cost more than $50. Especially given that the drop bolt costs more than a new brakeset...
    Mes compaingnons cui j'amoie et cui j'aim,... Me di, chanson.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Philcycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Imperial, MO
    Posts
    210
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by operator View Post
    Just buy the Tektro long reaches. A set can't cost more than $50. Especially given that the drop bolt costs more than a new brakeset...
    That's what I have now, & can't stand them. Regardless, I'm in the process of creating my own as we speak. Can anyone verify Shimmy caliper bolts are 6mm x 1.0 pitch?

  5. #5
    * vpiuva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,458
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by box of water View Post
    That's what I have now, & can't stand them. Regardless, I'm in the process of creating my own as we speak. Can anyone verify Shimmy caliper bolts are 6mm x 1.0 pitch?
    All the manufacturers use the same thread and pitch, or at least I haven't run across anyone who doesn't, so if it's 6*1 on your Tektro, it's 6*1 for all

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •