Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Making a kilometer blurry waterrockets's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Austin (near TX)
    My Bikes
    rkwaki's porn collection
    Posts
    26,085
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    How to search BF when search doesn't work

    When the BF search is not working (like, always), you can search as frequently as you want with Google's "site search."

    In the Google search box, just enter: site:www.bikeforums.net how fast can you sprint

    and all the useless threads you could want will appear in the results. Here is a sample BF search result. The results will usually link to archived threads, but there is a link in them that will allow you to go to the real BF thread and reply or whatever. Here's the link in an archived page:

    This is an archived thread, you can find the full version of this thread, with images, links and more content here.

    If you have the Google Toolbar installed, you can enter your search string there, and hit the site search button: . This will create the "site:" search string for you.

    Enjoy!

  2. #2
    Mr. Dopolina Bob Dopolina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Taiwan
    My Bikes
    KUUPAS, Simpson VR
    Posts
    9,365
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All that and brains, too. What a catch!

  3. #3
    Senior Member George's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Katy Texas
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix
    Posts
    5,271
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot waterrockets, I've mention it several times to the mods that there was something wrong and it never gets fixed. I found what I was looking for.
    George

  4. #4
    Senior Member George's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Katy Texas
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix
    Posts
    5,271
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks waterrocket, I found what I was looking for after waiting for 3 weeks for them to get the search fixed. At least I know what to do now, thanks again.
    George

  5. #5
    Making a kilometer blurry waterrockets's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Austin (near TX)
    My Bikes
    rkwaki's porn collection
    Posts
    26,085
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem.

    Bob, sorry, taken -- you and I are too similar anyway. It would never work out.

  6. #6
    another cat...FAB! stevesurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    1st star to the right...
    My Bikes
    Merlin Ti Build, Trek Y-50, Bianchi Titanium Build, Custom Cuevas Road bike
    Posts
    1,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's really cool about this is that you get to see archived threads as well - Nice!!!

  7. #7
    Senior Member George's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Katy Texas
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix
    Posts
    5,271
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey waterrocket, could you tell me how you gray out words, so when I reply to a question I can highlight what I'm replying to, thanks. I tried to Google that and didn't come up with anything. I probably asked the wrong way in my query or something.
    George

  8. #8
    Making a kilometer blurry waterrockets's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Austin (near TX)
    My Bikes
    rkwaki's porn collection
    Posts
    26,085
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Hey waterrocket, could you tell me how you gray out words, so when I reply to a question I can highlight what I'm replying to, thanks. I tried to Google that and didn't come up with anything. I probably asked the wrong way in my query or something.
    Highlight the text you want to gray out, then hit the color selector button to pick gray:

  9. #9
    Senior Member George's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Katy Texas
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix
    Posts
    5,271
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waterrockets View Post
    Highlight the text you want to gray out, then hit the color selector button to pick gray:
    Thanks very much, I've been looking at how to do that for quit some time now.
    George

  10. #10
    Sir Fallalot wroomwroomoops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    5,171
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waterrockets View Post
    When the BF search is not working (like, always), you can search as frequently as you want with Google's "site search."

    In the Google search box, just enter: site:www.bikeforums.net how fast can you sprint

    and all the useless threads you could want will appear in the results. Here is a sample BF search result. The results will usually link to archived threads, but there is a link in them that will allow you to go to the real BF thread and reply or whatever. Here's the link in an archived page:

    This is an archived thread, you can find the full version of this thread, with images, links and more content here.

    If you have the Google Toolbar installed, you can enter your search string there, and hit the site search button: . This will create the "site:" search string for you.

    Enjoy!
    I mentioned this system (sans Google Toolbar) in the SSFG subforum. Luckily, I didn't have Dopolina hitting on me, there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •