Or... The Dremel is my Friend!!
I had asked how to remove the stripped bolts on my downtube some time ago and got several helpful answers. The OE bolts were way over-tightened from the factory!
I first tried the screw extractor but the set I got did not work. They were the spiral type and although I followed the instructions to drill the hole larger and use the extractor it still wouldn't grip and I couldn't get them out. I thought about the other type of screw extractors but since these weren't successful I wanted to try something else. At least try one more thing to keep me from admitting defeat and bringing it to my LBS! (and with it being a round head I was not able to use my vise-grips)
So after searching my storage for my Dremel at the in-laws I finally found my last hope.
I then went to Home Depot and bought a set of grinding discs that were made to cut metal. I bought a bunch just in case.
After taping up and protecting the area around the stripped bolt heads I went to work.
It only took a little bit of Dremel work to notch the bolt heads to accept a flat head screw driver. But after doing so I was able, with a little bit of force, to turn the over-tightened bolt head and remove the offending bolts!
So with help from everyone on the board and a little patience I was able to remove both bolts in only about 10mins. Hopefully this post will help others with similar bone-headed moments like mine!
Tools of the trade...
Taped off area
Dremel to the rescue
Bolt notched and ready
A little bit of resistance but it finally came loose
The offending part
All done! (a little blurry, but the bottle cage is now in place!)