Please help. I am having serious problems setting up the transmission (Gears) of my Shimano 10 speed group set. My Trek 1500 frame is 3-4 years old and I have recently upgraded every component on the bike as follows:
- Shimano 105 10 speed STI Levers (2007 Version)
- Shimano 105 10 speed Rear Mech (2007 Version)
- Shimano 105 10 speed chain (2007 Version)
- Shimano Ultegra 10 speed Cassette '12-23' (2007 Version)
- Shimano Ultegra 10 speed hollowtech 2 Chainset '42-53' (2007 Version)
- Shimano 10 Speed Dura Ace Front Mech (2007 Version)
- Shimano 105 10 speed hollowtech 2 bottom bracket (2007 Version)
- Shimano R550 Wheels
All parts are new and I have tinkered with the setup for hours on end. However no matter what I do I cannot get a happy medium and the following problems persist:
- When in 42 chainring at front and 12-13 at rear the chain rubs against the big ring on the front.
- When in 53 chainring at the front and 23-21 at the rear there is an annoying rubbing noise from the chain catching on the rear mech.
The rear gears are shifting perfectly. The problems appears to be with the positioning of the chainset. Your suggestions will be very much appreciated as I am on the verge of reverting back to my old 8 speed STI's.