I am planning to embark on putting a whole new gruppo on my Simoncini. Currently it has campy veloce 9 spd triple with about 12 years on it. I have a lot of generic tools and have turned many a wrench - but not too much on a bike. Here are my questions:
1) I know I will need an Italian style BB/Crank set - do both sides of the BB lock rings turn counter clockwise to loosen on the Italian style?
2) Any recommendation for a park tool to loosen the lock rings and will I need the same tool for a 2008/9 chorus carbon crankset?
3) I can't remember when (or even if) the BB was out of this bike last - how much torque can I put on it before I give up and consider it siezed? I plan to try this before ordering the new components as I think this is the highest risk item in the rebuild.
4) Any recomendations on a Park crank puller - will I be able to use it on the new set?
5) The front derailier has a braze on - is this a one size fits all when I order the gruppo or are there different sizes?
6) On this bike one of the cables runs through the top tube - is there any special items needed for this cable.
7) I think the only two new tools I will need are the BB lock ring wrench and the crank puller - any other suggestions, I have a full set of allen wrenches and other wrenches - any suggestions?
Any words of wisdom before I venture down this path are welcome.