I've got the classic what's that horrible creaking sound issue. I have checked the previous postings but though I'd post the symptoms for the sleuths on this board. The bike is a new build Scattante frame with CF fork.
Octalink BB and crankset
The sound resonates in the frame - more of a loud crunk than a mild creak. It was getting progressively worse. I was able to significantly tighten down crankset bolts without any change. The bike has a few older parts but basically has 40 miles on it
- usually but not always under heavy pedalling (eg. hills, starting in higher gear)
- does not seem timed with chain
- does not occur pedaling backwards
- only occurs when pedaling
- occurs standing or sitting
- sounds like BB issues or freewheel issues I've had on other bikes
The first ride, 20 miles, was quiet. I had a headset issue but the LBS resolved it. The second ride was on a different wheelset and different brake calipers. I plan to swap out wheelset again to see if the bike quiets down. If it is the wheelset, what should I check?