obviously this question is directed to those who work in a shop which im going to assume there are a few on here.
A topic from the commuter forum got me thinking about some things that have changed me and one big one has been working in a shop. Ive been a wrench/salesman at a shop for about 5 months now and there have been some big personality changes, most of them i really like
1. I am becoming less and less impressed with fancy carbon bikes and really would rather not own one now, i got me a lightspeed classic and even though im only 21 i see it as a bike i could keep for a lifetime. Theres something about handcrafted ti or steel, not only do they ride amazing and are almost as fast but they actually have character.
2. I am more patient and understanding with people....unless you bring me your huffy you say has been sitting the the garage for 10 years and you want me to make it work like something its not...you know a real bike...AND THEN have the nerve to whine when i cant have it for you tommorow...WTF people
3. I now could care less about being the fastest person on the road or trail...but i am ALOT faster than ive ever been.
4. I am getting pretty good about riding to work finally and would happily give up my car for a big dummy with a stokemonkey.
5. For some reason my paycheck never seems to make it into my bank account, getting stuff at cost is WAYYYY too tempting.
6. something about hideous colered clothes and bikes makes me all giddy and stuffs
7. I dont know why and ive tried to stop it but cant stop saying "man" not only when talking to customers, but friends family, dogs, small children, oompa loompas and the list goes on and it pisses me off
anyways theres a few of the bigger changes in my personality after only 5 months in a shop and i was currious if anyone else has had the same happen to them...