Join Date: Mar 2005
Bikes: '91 Trek 750 "Le Phred Vélo"; 197X Nishiki Super 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quick Cable Disconnects
I've seen them on frames with S & S couplers, & know they exist but can't seem to find 'em retail. I was thinking of doing this on a bike to facilitate swapping handlebars from mostly upright to drop bars at whim.
I assume they're durable enough since they've logged lots of miles
I assume that the shops 'round here that handle 'em can install 'em but I prefer to do it myself if I can.
Couple O questions
- Do these take special tools, &/or training?
- Any place in particular I can get these tools if they're something special>
- Any good sources for the items themselves?
- Are they a single use, aka new cable new disconnect, or do they last through multiple cables (just wondering how many to buy.)
- Anything to watch out for while installing them? Aka I don't wanna faceplant into a car if my brakes pop apart.