we got him!
the first bullet proof bottom bracket. It's right in my old peugeot frame. We are talking about the fixed cup on the drive side. I stripped the frame completely to repaint it but the fixed cup is really fixed. And yes it has to go because the bottom bracket was really rusty and worn. I met this situation before and i always fixed it on bikes but this is ridicilous.
what did i try
- both directions (i started to be confused after some while )
- a huge clamp to clamp the bike wringe to the BB so I had more grip
- a vice to clamp the cup in: result: a vice with some dents
- the sheldon brown trick with the nut and the bolts and spacers. No effect
- soaking WD40 over longer time
- heaten the bb with a gas torch
- drill with a special 2mm HSS drill: not even a dent
- saw with a quality metal hecksaw
- saw with a electric jig saw with iron cutting blade
no results... Either the construction couldnt handle the force and jumped or it did nothing
any clues left? Last resort i can think of is welding a piece of metal to it and use that to apply more force but I dont have a welding machine.
or last last resort: buy the same frame of an online auction for just 10 dollar or so, but thats no fun