I already own a rear rack, however I have read that the seat post can only support 25lbs. The rack that I have now will be used for a battery for my bike that I am turning into an e-bike. The battery weighs 16 pounds, so I still have about 9 pounds to play with.
However, I want to mount two rear racks on my seatpost.
My plan is to buy this rear rack: http://www.amazon.com/Delta-Post-Por...pr_product_top
and these bags:
Since my bike is a soft tail I can't buy the regular racks that have the two tubes for support that go down to the wheels. I also can't mount the battery anywhere else.
So right now it looks like my only option is to take off the rear rack I have on right now and mount the above rack and bags.
1. Would be possible to mount two racks on the seatpost?
2. Can I buy a stronger seatpost that will carry more than 25 pounds?
3. I know delta claims 25 pounds, but has anyone actually put more than 25 pounds on their rack?
4. The 25 pound limit, is that per rack?
5. Or for the seatpost?
6. Is it possible to have 2 rear racks attached to the seatpost with 25 pounds each? (The most important question of all)
Here is the bike: