Brake Judder Issue - The Return
Over the last 12 months I've had varied problems with brake judder on a carbon forked cyclocross bike, much time has been spent reading posts and at times the problem has completely gone away. It has now returned with a vengence and I'm at a loss as what to do.
Steps taken to rectify issue
1) Replaced headset mounted hanger with fork crown hanger - slight improvement
2) Replaced brakes with Tektro CR520 - massive improvement
3) Returned to headset hanger - no change
4) Changed from canti blocks to the pad style used in CR720 - no change but fork judder not present in dry conditions, minor in wet.
All well and good for six months until the pads started wearing
5) Replaced pads with similar looking dual compound - Fine for a day, then the judder really started
6) Tried usual fiddling with toe-in etc with no luck
7) Fitted a brakebooster to see if flex was the issue - problem fixed for all of three days
The only thing I can think of now is to replace the brake pads with something cheaper and harder.
Items to note
1) Wheel has an ever so slight deviation from true latterally but I haven't got a truing stand and it's too small to do using tie wraps.
2) Wheel has been cleaned with wire wool and degreaser to see if that would help
All pictures can be found here
Does anyone have any ideas of what else I could do to resolve this? My last idea is that the headset is wearing a bit but does not feel loose.