I have an 09 Veloce group with an 09 Centaur right shifter that is giving me fits. I also have a Record and Chorus bike that I have no problems with. This Veloce group has given me problems on two different frames with both Campy and Jagwire cable kits. Basically, I can get the rear shifting tuned in one direction only (up or down). Here is my process for setting it up.
1. Set limiter screws
2. Turn barrel adjuster on the derailleur until fully tight and then back it out two turns.
3. Set the down tube barrel adjuster to the mid-point.
4. Pull the cable tight and attach to the derailleur (with shifter in smallest cog position)
5. Start with the smallest cog and then tune up by adjusting the derailleur barrel adjuster
6. Continue to tune all the way up
7. Then try to tune coming back down.
The problem is that to get it to come down I generally have to make several turns of the adjuster in the opposite direction (clock-wise) to get it to down-shift. At this point the cable tension has changed significantly and it will no longer up-shift. I'm probably missing something simple, but I am at wits end on this one. Also, I had the same problems with the original Veloce right shifter. I bought all parts new.
Any ideas would be appreciated.