Newbie: removing freehub body
My 2004 Giant OCR 1 was getting a little "crunchy" so I'm doing a bolts-off overhaul. I'm having issues with my rear gear assembly...
1) I removed my quick release axle. Easy.
2) I used *this* to remove my 9-speed Shimano cassette without a chainwhip. Harder.
3) I removed my dust guards and bearings. Easy.
4) I want to flush the wheel with degreaser and re-grease everything. I need to remove the freehub body to get to the grooves where the hub bearings sit. The otherwise helpful Park Tools website says that I need to do *this* with a 10mm hex wrench.
5) I have a big 10mm hex wrench; it doesn't work. There does look to be some sort of vaguely star shaped socket inside the wheel. Perhaps it's an 11mm or 12mm wrench. Perhaps it's a custom Shimano too.
What tool do I need to get this *&%^# freehub body off?