Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Student of the Billy styl badbikemechanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    173
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Anyone have experience with the lefty conversion kit?

    I have been hearing that there are problems with the conversion kit from my buddies in the industry and was wondering whether anyone here had experienced problems with creaking, loosing, etc.



    A lefty is big commitment.
    Last edited by badbikemechanic; 10-21-10 at 07:54 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior member Dan Burkhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Oakville Ontario
    Posts
    5,159
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by badbikemechanic View Post
    I have been hearing that there are problems with the conversion kit from my buddies in the industry and was wondering whether anyone here had experienced problems with creaking, loosing, etc.



    A lefty is big commitment.
    Is your head tube big enough to accommodate it? I think it requires a 1.5" compatible frame.
    Gearhubs demystified and other cool stuff.


    The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. Elbert Hubbard.

  3. #3
    Student of the Billy styl badbikemechanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    173
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Burkhart View Post
    Is your head tube big enough to accommodate it? I think it requires a 1.5" compatible frame.
    Nope there is a conversion kit that makes it adaptable which is the premise of my question. Some are reporting that the conversion kit has mechanical issues. Judging by other forum responses perhaps this is not the best place to get information from other industry professionals.

  4. #4
    Senior member Dan Burkhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Oakville Ontario
    Posts
    5,159
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by badbikemechanic View Post
    Nope there is a conversion kit that makes it adaptable which is the premise of my question. Some are reporting that the conversion kit has mechanical issues. Judging by other forum responses perhaps this is not the best place to get information from other industry professionals.
    Try the MTB forum. Might have better luck.
    Gearhubs demystified and other cool stuff.


    The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. Elbert Hubbard.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •