My RIH heavyweight around-town utility bike started making strange noises in the BB area yesterday.
Figuring (correctly) that it might need a BB overhaul, I starting going at it this morning.
But I am stumped. Unlike other BB I have tackled, this one (which I have to assume is pretty cheap) has no apparently way of removing it. on the non-drive (LH side there seems to be a rubber gasket of some kind.
on the RH drive side, once I removed the crank, there was nothing - just open air and exposed ballbearings.
But there seems to be no cups, no slots - nothing to attach a wrench to to remove the whole thing.
thinking it might be some kind of friction fit, I gave it a mild tap with a mallet. But that didn't produce any spectacular results.