Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Jose, California
Bikes: 2001 Tommasini Sintesi w/ Campagnolo Daytona 10 Speed
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
As Looigi stated, steel QR nut you don't mind wasting inboard. Dremel/RotoZip with cutting wheel....round the end with a small file...remove steel QR nut.
Thread cleaning is not really necessary - however you'll want to find a Sharpie that matches the skewer color and "paint" the end so it doesn't visibly stick out like a sore thumb.
4000+ wheels built since 1984...
1. I do not claim to be an expert in bicycle mechanics despite my experience.
2. I like anyone will comment in other areas.
3. I do not own the preexisting concepts of DISH and ERD.
4. I will provide information as I always have to others that I believe will help them protect themselves from unscrupulous mechanics.
5. My all time favorite book is:
Kahane, Howard. Logic and Contemporary Rhetoric: The Use of Reason in Everyday Life