Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Jose, California
Bikes: 2001 Tommasini Sintesi w/ Campagnolo Daytona 10 Speed
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
When using the flip-flop method, it is important to rotate the axle - note the range of movement left and right - THEN flip the wheel and repeat and check.
This is especially true with el-cheapo loose-ball hubs. Just flipping the wheel is not enough.
El-cheapo hubs often have lock nuts with off-plane facings, bent axles, etc. Need to account for that when using the flip-flop method.
4000+ wheels built since 1984...
1. I do not claim to be an expert in bicycle mechanics despite my experience.
2. I like anyone will comment in other areas.
3. I do not own the preexisting concepts of DISH and ERD.
4. I will provide information as I always have to others that I believe will help them protect themselves from unscrupulous mechanics.
5. My all time favorite book is:
Kahane, Howard. Logic and Contemporary Rhetoric: The Use of Reason in Everyday Life