Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Senior Member jks84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    planet x stealth braze on mount

    I just purchase a used planet x stealth pro carbon but didn't noticed until I decided to put a front derailleur on it that it is missing the mount that bolts onto the frame so I can connect the fd. Does anyone know where I would be able to purchase one or should I just contact Planet X? Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member CACycling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oxnard, CA
    My Bikes
    '08 Fuji Roubaix RC; '07 Schwinn Le Tour GS; '92 Diamond Back Ascent EX
    Posts
    4,450
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Allen, TX
    My Bikes
    Look 585
    Posts
    1,397
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jks84 View Post
    I just purchase a used planet x stealth pro carbon but didn't noticed until I decided to put a front derailleur on it that it is missing the mount that bolts onto the frame so I can connect the fd. Does anyone know where I would be able to purchase one or should I just contact Planet X? Thanks!
    Having just looked at this frame, you will need to get the mount specifically for this frame. Some other mount of this type probably won't work, and a clamp for a round seat tube certainly won't work.

  4. #4
    Senior Member jks84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikepro View Post
    Having just looked at this frame, you will need to get the mount specifically for this frame. Some other mount of this type probably won't work, and a clamp for a round seat tube certainly won't work.
    That is what I needed to know. I'll get in touch with Planet X. Thanks!

  5. #5
    Senior Member CACycling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oxnard, CA
    My Bikes
    '08 Fuji Roubaix RC; '07 Schwinn Le Tour GS; '92 Diamond Back Ascent EX
    Posts
    4,450
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bikepro View Post
    Having just looked at this frame, you will need to get the mount specifically for this frame. Some other mount of this type probably won't work, and a clamp for a round seat tube certainly won't work.
    Must be looking at different models. The road bike stated a 34.9mm clamp diameter. The TT had a brazeon. I assumed he had the road frame.

  6. #6
    Senior Member jks84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CACycling View Post
    Must be looking at different models. The road bike stated a 34.9mm clamp diameter. The TT had a brazeon. I assumed he had the road frame.
    Nope, tt model. Thanks though!

  7. #7
    Senior Member CACycling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oxnard, CA
    My Bikes
    '08 Fuji Roubaix RC; '07 Schwinn Le Tour GS; '92 Diamond Back Ascent EX
    Posts
    4,450
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jks84 View Post
    Nope, tt model. Thanks though!
    So did your frame get made without a brazeon for the FD or are you just missing a screw?

  8. #8
    Senior Member jks84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CACycling View Post
    So did your frame get made without a brazeon for the FD or are you just missing a screw?
    I bought the frame used online and didn't notice until now that it didn't come with the braze on mount. It attaches to the frame with two bolts.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,619
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you look at the Planet X website, the Stealth come with the braze on mount.

    http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/...frame-new-logo

    As it was supplied without, would be going back to the seller, as what you have bought is incomplete.

    For Planet X contact details

    USA

    Planet X USA
    57 NE Hancock
    Portland, OR 97212

    650-284-5563

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2,339
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure you didn't buy the track version?

  11. #11
    Senior Member jks84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ********** View Post
    Are you sure you didn't buy the track version?
    Definitely the tt frame. The guy I bought it from had it all built up. It also has the two holes where the mount bolts on to.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •