Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Jose, California
Bikes: 2001 Tommasini Sintesi w/ Campagnolo Daytona 10 Speed
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm pretty sure what you want are 20mm nipples...in brass...silver and black.
Bicycle Express of San Jose
Ask for Chuck...
Understand though that when using 16mm or 20mm nipples with spokes from a box with the typical 9.0mm to 9.5mm worth of thread, the spokes are cut very short and typically fall very short of the screwdriver flat. In other words, eventually the nipple barrels will separate from the nipple heads.
Folks with spoke machines, Phil Wood (older models) and the Kowa can provide 12mm and 13mm worth of threads so that you can treat the 20mm nipples as you would 10mm nipples on short threads.
You really should give it some thought...
4000+ wheels built since 1984...
1. I do not claim to be an expert in bicycle mechanics despite my experience.
2. I like anyone will comment in other areas.
3. I do not own the preexisting concepts of DISH and ERD.
4. I will provide information as I always have to others that I believe will help them protect themselves from unscrupulous mechanics.
5. My all time favorite book is:
Kahane, Howard. Logic and Contemporary Rhetoric: The Use of Reason in Everyday Life