shimano bleed block and spacers for m515 caliper
Does anyone have a spare bleed block and spacers for shimano m515 hydrolic disc brake calipers? or a source that I can buy them through?
I have searched but cannot seem to locate these items for these brakes on-line.
The 515 is a mechanical brake, last I knew. I'll assume you do have a hydraulic brake of some sort... you don't need to have the original bleed block to bleed the brake.
1. reset the pistons. Clean up a blade screwdriver with alcohol, slip it between the brake pads, and gently force the pistons all the way apart.
2. remove the brake pads and put them somewhere they won't get contaminated.
3. take a wooden wedge shim, the kind you use to level furniture on uneven floors and stuff, and saw off a couple pieces that are small enough to pass completely through the brake caliper. Use them in opposition, to wedge the pistons apart.
4. bleed brake
5. remove wooden shim things, clean up the brake thoroughly with rubbing alchohol, and install the brake pads.
6. install the wheel and brake rotor and squeeze the brake lever repeatedly so the master cylinder can bring the pads in.
These are not for me. I was asked to obtain them by a colleague. I had him double check his brakes and they are the M486...He thought they were the M515 because the pads are the same and he referenced that instead of the calipers.
Thanks for the other advice too.