Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Jose, California
Bikes: 2001 Tommasini Sintesi w/ Campagnolo Daytona 10 Speed
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
1. Going 135mm means less "appearance" of asymmetrical dish. (There are two operating definitions/descriptions of the concept of dish. One as an "appearance" or adjective and one as "centering" or an action.) It also mean a little more tension for the non-drive side of the rear wheel.
The rim still has to be centered between the ends of the lock nuts either way...the more technically relevant aspect of dish.
2. Yeah, you can go with a spacer behind the 7-speed cassette on an 8/9/10 freehub. Makes future upgrade easier...
4000+ wheels built since 1984...
1. I do not claim to be an expert in bicycle mechanics despite my experience.
2. I like anyone will comment in other areas.
3. I do not own the preexisting concepts of DISH and ERD.
4. I will provide information as I always have to others that I believe will help them protect themselves from unscrupulous mechanics.
5. My all time favorite book is:
Kahane, Howard. Logic and Contemporary Rhetoric: The Use of Reason in Everyday Life