Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Jose, California
Bikes: 2001 Tommasini Sintesi w/ Campagnolo Daytona 10 Speed
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
1. You are always going to have tension in the big gear combo...
2. I typically install a chain (in terms of length) by starting out as follows:
- run chain in the small +small positon.
- allow rear derailleur to completely relax.
- position both ends of chain such that derailleur is still relaxed.
- pull one link too see if rear derailleur begins to experience spring tension.
That's the position that I'll decide to link the chain...
Not "official" way as far as I know, just how I typically do it.
4000+ wheels built since 1984...
1. I do not claim to be an expert in bicycle mechanics despite my experience.
2. I like anyone will comment in other areas.
3. I do not own the preexisting concepts of DISH and ERD.
4. I will provide information as I always have to others that I believe will help them protect themselves from unscrupulous mechanics.
5. My all time favorite book is:
Kahane, Howard. Logic and Contemporary Rhetoric: The Use of Reason in Everyday Life