Employment Opportunity: Volunteer Coordinator
Term Position: March 1, 2013 – January, 2014 (with possibility of renewal)
28 hrs/week @ $17/hr with benefits.
Since 2010 The WRENCH has been providing unprecedented access to bicycles and cycling programming to the people of Winnipeg. We envision a city where everyone is empowered to enjoy bicycles. We create stronger, healthier communities by removing barriers to building, repairing and maintaining bicycles - with a focus on educating youth.
The WRENCH makes bicycles and cycling accessible to the public by:
-Providing programming, education and resources for community members, groups and organizations.
-Supporting and promoting cycling within the city.
-Supporting new and existing community bike shops.
The WRENCH runs the largest and most comprehensive community bike shop in western Canada and is the only organization in the country to provide these vital services on this scale.
We are seeking a Volunteer Coordinator to assist with programming and day to day operations of The WRENCH.
• Volunteer management and communications
• Conduct outreach with schools, youth groups, community organizations and cycling groups
• Deliver programming as needed
• Update website
• Develop educational resource materials
• Prepare project reports and attend monthly board meetings
• Administrative and office management duties as required
• Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience coordinating volunteers
• Experience leading workshops
• Experience with bike repair and familiarity with community bike shops
• The ability to self-direct, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal communication and conflict management skills
• Experience working with non-profit/community organizations and boards
• Awareness and sensitivity to issues of marginalization (sexism, racism, classism) and cultural diversity
• Experience working with Aboriginal and newcomer communities
• Experience working with youth and knowledge of community based youth serving organizations
• Experience building consensus within and between organizations
The successful candidate will be required to complete a child abuse registry check and a criminal record check.
Application deadline: Monday, February 11th, 2013
Please submit resume and cover letter by email to:
The WRENCH Personnel Committee