Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Jose, California
Bikes: 2001 Tommasini Sintesi w/ Campagnolo Daytona 10 Speed
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Australian DeepV ERD = 582 to flat of a 12mm standard profile nipple.
American DeepV ERD = 581 to flat of a 12mm standard profile nipple.
Difference is appears to be the while the Australian version had raw joint sleeve resulting in the nipples sitting deeper in the rim adjacent to the joint, the American version has the holes in the joint sleeve counter-sunk resulting the same seat behavior for the nipples throughout the entire rim.
So double-check your ERDs as American made Velocity's replace Australian made Velocity's...
4000+ wheels built since 1984...
1. I do not claim to be an expert in bicycle mechanics despite my experience.
2. I like anyone will comment in other areas.
3. I do not own the preexisting concepts of DISH and ERD.
4. I will provide information as I always have to others that I believe will help them protect themselves from unscrupulous mechanics.
5. My all time favorite book is:
Kahane, Howard. Logic and Contemporary Rhetoric: The Use of Reason in Everyday Life