I just scooped up an old Cannondale 400 on e-Bay. Nice frame, seems like... The wheels on it have non-stock Campy hubs with a Shimano "Crane" rear derr., and a 6-speed sprocket. My questions are as follows:
1. Can I (while keeping the same hub) swap out for a 7-speed cogset while still using the same chain and front chainrings?
2. Can I (while keeping the same hub) swap out for a 9-speed cogset by changing the chain and front chainrings?
3. Is the Shimano Crane index-shifter-compatible?
4. Is this frame worth upgrading?
5. Assuming I'm willing to change hubs, shifters, and chainrings for a modern 9 or 10 speed drivetrain, who makes deep-v 700c clincher rims with rear offset drilling (and offset "v") to equalize spoke tension?
I know this is a scattershot of questions, but newbies like me want to know. Thanks **very** much for your help.