I'm getting a ticking/pinging sound when I apply a lot of pressure to the pedals, like when climbing a hill or sprinting. While on the trainer, I can feel the pinging when I grip the frame. I don't think it's a pedal bearing nor is it my cleats. I don't feel it through my feet. I get the same sound if I wear flip flops. Performance otherwise feels normal. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Don't know if it's worth getting checked out. Please excuse mess (kids' playroom).
- 2012 Cannondale Supersix (1,400 miles)
- Happens at the same crank position (top peak of right crank)
- Only happens when applying lots of pressure (climbing/sprinting)
- Ticking sound may be soft or loud
- Changed seats and adjusted seat post - no change