Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Neil_B
    Guest

    Historian on Two Wheels

    http://historian2wheels.blogspot.com/

    Any comments on my learning to ride a bike at age 41?

  2. #2
    The Site Administrator: Currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes,please contact my assistnt admins for forum issues Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    My Bikes
    Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
    Posts
    15,958
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Historian
    http://historian2wheels.blogspot.com/

    Any comments on my learning to ride a bike at age 41?
    Yeah.....It's about time!

    As I've told you in other forms of Internet communication, welcome to the wonderful word of cycling!
    on light duty due to illness; please contact my assistants for forum issues. They are Siu Blue Wind, or CbadRider or the other 3 star folk. I am currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes. I am making good progress, happily.


    . “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    390
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow, I think I've read your stuff at Chess Cafe!

    I'm in PA, too, in the mid state near Harrisburg and York. We're also close to the same age. From your ride list, it looks like you are out near Philly and the Lehigh Valley.

    If you ever get further west to Lancaster County, take a look at the Covered Bridge Metric in August and we might run into each other.

  4. #4
    Spelling Snob Hobartlemagne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    My Bikes
    Panasonic DX4000, Bianchi Pista
    Posts
    2,863
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I taught my girlfriend at age 33.

    The first rule of flats is You don't talk about flats!

  5. #5
    Neil_B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by veloGeezer
    wow, I think I've read your stuff at Chess Cafe!
    I'm flattered. Thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by veloGeezer
    I'm in PA, too, in the mid state near Harrisburg and York. We're also close to the same age. From your ride list, it looks like you are out near Philly and the Lehigh Valley.
    This wouldn't happen to be the Geezer Gambiteer I am exchanging posts with, is it? That you GG?

    Quote Originally Posted by veloGeezer
    If you ever get further west to Lancaster County, take a look at the Covered Bridge Metric in August and we might run into each other.
    Will do, although I hope not to run into another cyclist. I did that on one of my first rides. I stayed up, and my 250 pound friend hit the ground, followed by his 2K Cannondale.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    390
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Historian
    This wouldn't happen to be the Geezer Gambiteer I am exchanging posts with, is it? That you GG?
    no, I don't post to alot of forums. I don't run many gambits, either. I play Queen side openings alot, but I'm just trying to bait them into some form of the QGD. King side I mostly run the Ruy Lopez exchange variations.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Historian
    Will do, although I hope not to run into another cyclist. I did that on one of my first rides. I stayed up, and my 250 pound friend hit the ground, followed by his 2K Cannondale.


  7. #7
    Recovering Retro-grouch CRUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Some call it God's country. I call it Acton, Maine
    My Bikes
    Too Many - 7 or 8
    Posts
    5,002
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made my comment on yur blog. Impressive effort. Stick with it.
    Keep it 'tween the ditches

    My Blog - Lost in the Bo Zone

  8. #8
    Senior Member Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Between the mountains and the lake.
    My Bikes
    8 bikes - one for each day of the week!
    Posts
    16,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Historian
    http://historian2wheels.blogspot.com/

    Any comments on my learning to ride a bike at age 41?
    Yes. If you didn't start now, then you would be 42 next year and still not riding. It's never too late to ride.

    Best of luck!

    Brian

  9. #9
    Neil_B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by veloGeezer View Post
    wow, I think I've read your stuff at Chess Cafe!

    I'm in PA, too, in the mid state near Harrisburg and York. We're also close to the same age. From your ride list, it looks like you are out near Philly and the Lehigh Valley.

    If you ever get further west to Lancaster County, take a look at the Covered Bridge Metric in August and we might run into each other.
    Hi VeloGeezer,

    I am riding in the Lancaster Covered Bridges Metric, so look for me, please. I'm wearing a Fat Cyclist jersey, either in orange and black or pink and black.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •