Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

BMX Dirt, vert, flatland or street? Drop in the BMX forum to talk to other 20" riders around the world. What is the best BMX bicycle for you? Learn all about it here.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-05, 04:32 PM   #1
hffmanRythmRydr
GAP JUMPER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: michigan
Bikes: a 2001 hoffman rythem and a mongoose outerlimit for trashin and a custom kink in january
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Which rim is stronger? Rhyno Lite or BFR

a sun rhyno light or a sun bfr?
hffmanRythmRydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-05, 10:27 PM   #2
mude
Baned.
 
mude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 3,992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
neither.
the bfr looks a tad sturdier.
mude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-05, 02:13 PM   #3
hypersnazz
"Uh-uh. Respek Knuckles."
 
hypersnazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CA
Bikes: '06 LeMond Versailles, '04 S&M Beringer, '03 Quamen Bowls, '68 Raleigh Grand Prix (converted to fixed gear)
Posts: 1,094
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The BFR, in this case. Build your wheels right, don't ride like a sketchball, either will be fine.
hypersnazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-05, 06:25 PM   #4
hffmanRythmRydr
GAP JUMPER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: michigan
Bikes: a 2001 hoffman rythem and a mongoose outerlimit for trashin and a custom kink in january
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ok thanks
hffmanRythmRydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-05, 07:42 PM   #5
queensrider86
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: jamaica queens nyc
Bikes: standard sta-r ox mark4
Posts: 1,734
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hffmanRythmRydr
a sun rhyno light or a sun bfr?

dumbest question. ever
queensrider86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-05, 08:10 PM   #6
premiumbmx2005
ride.
 
premiumbmx2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Connecticut
Bikes: Premium 2005
Posts: 2,260
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i've seen much dumber.
premiumbmx2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-05, 10:43 PM   #7
Bikebros
Senior Member
 
Bikebros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calgary, Canada
Bikes: Commencal Meta 5.3, Marin Verona, Cannondale F3000 single speed, Standard STA
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is this thread extracted from a five year old time warp? I thought BRFs and Rhyno Lites were officially dust collectors by now.
Bikebros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-05, 09:20 PM   #8
hffmanRythmRydr
GAP JUMPER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: michigan
Bikes: a 2001 hoffman rythem and a mongoose outerlimit for trashin and a custom kink in january
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
no not if u race and whats up lately with you guys being complete jack asses? im sorry if its a stupid question that i asked but its even worse for you guys to try to shoot down people asking questions? so why even comment if you dont comment nicely? your jst piss**g people off and keepin them away from the site and thus away from our sport.........there are people coming here for advice on bmx parts and not to be told if that was a stupid question or not......we just want help and not to be shot down by inconsiderate jack asses like you guys and im only 15 and i know better than to rag on people for asking a question and i mean its commonsense... what you say is over the internet and you guys prolly wouldnt say that in person and if you do than your gonna get ur asses kicked by the person you teased the most or be yelled at for making some little kid cry for saying lol u ride a huffy! take that peice out of here or somthing along the lines of that which youve said before.............please respect all questions asked from now on and remember you dont have to answer them
hffmanRythmRydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-05, 09:39 PM   #9
CMcMahon
member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Bikes: Solid AA
Posts: 4,751
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What? Were you saying something? Look, I don't speak Spanish.
CMcMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-05, 11:18 AM   #10
queensrider86
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: jamaica queens nyc
Bikes: standard sta-r ox mark4
Posts: 1,734
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hffmanRythmRydr
what you say is over the internet and you guys prolly wouldnt say that in person and if you do than your gonna get ur asses kicked by the person you teased the most
i'll stab a *****
queensrider86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-05, 02:33 PM   #11
Bikebros
Senior Member
 
Bikebros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calgary, Canada
Bikes: Commencal Meta 5.3, Marin Verona, Cannondale F3000 single speed, Standard STA
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hffmanRythmRydr
no not if u race and whats up lately with you guys being complete jack asses? im sorry if its a stupid question that i asked but its even worse for you guys to try to shoot down people asking questions? so why even comment if you dont comment nicely? your jst piss**g people off and keepin them away from the site and thus away from our sport.........there are people coming here for advice on bmx parts and not to be told if that was a stupid question or not......we just want help and not to be shot down by inconsiderate jack asses like you guys and im only 15 and i know better than to rag on people for asking a question and i mean its commonsense... what you say is over the internet and you guys prolly wouldnt say that in person and if you do than your gonna get ur asses kicked by the person you teased the most or be yelled at for making some little kid cry for saying lol u ride a huffy! take that peice out of here or somthing along the lines of that which youve said before.............please respect all questions asked from now on and remember you dont have to answer them
If this quote was directed at me - I'm sorry. I should have been a bit clearer. If you own those rims already and are deciding which to work with, that is one thing. I assumed you were about to buy them new. I would say there are better, newer alternatives that would suit either street or racing better than those. Neither are bad rims - if forced to choose, I would say a Rhyno lite is slightly more or a race rim and the BFR slightly more of a jumping/street rim.
Bikebros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-05, 07:17 PM   #12
hffmanRythmRydr
GAP JUMPER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: michigan
Bikes: a 2001 hoffman rythem and a mongoose outerlimit for trashin and a custom kink in january
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bike bros ur cool its just beerman and queens rider.........yeah they've been jack asses and beerman; i dont speak spanish im italian so vasa garlei'..............hopefully i spelt it right so then you can look it up if your smart enough or is english 9 too mutch for you to understand and read? GROW UP
hffmanRythmRydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-05, 09:06 PM   #13
premiumbmx2005
ride.
 
premiumbmx2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Connecticut
Bikes: Premium 2005
Posts: 2,260
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
jesus christ, i swear i get the worst headaches after i read your posts, and beerman and queens are not um...butts? they just blatently tell you the truth, which you need to start listening to beacause your being stupid, thankyou

-pat
premiumbmx2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-05, 08:33 AM   #14
queensrider86
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: jamaica queens nyc
Bikes: standard sta-r ox mark4
Posts: 1,734
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hffmanRythmRydr
bike bros ur cool its just beerman and queens rider.........yeah they've been jack asses and beerman; i dont speak spanish im italian so vasa garlei'..............hopefully i spelt it right so then you can look it up if your smart enough or is english 9 too mutch for you to understand and read? GROW UP

You're a fukin idiot
queensrider86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-05, 11:09 AM   #15
hffmanRythmRydr
GAP JUMPER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: michigan
Bikes: a 2001 hoffman rythem and a mongoose outerlimit for trashin and a custom kink in january
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
no not really....any ways jst drop it so this doesnt have to go on because at one time you actually did give me some useful advice and not criticise me so i thank you for that
hffmanRythmRydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-05, 04:38 PM   #16
snugent
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Centereach, New York (Long Island)
Bikes: Old GT Force
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i bought a wheelset a few years ago (rhyno lites w/ mini profile cassettes). maybe a month or 2 after i bought them, i fell at the tarheel national in north carolina and the rear rhynolite pretty much exploded. i replaced it with a bfr and it has held up fine. the front rhynolite has held up just fine. so, just don't all really weird on your rhynolite and it'll be fine
snugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:42 AM.