Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

BMX Dirt, vert, flatland or street? Drop in the BMX forum to talk to other 20" riders around the world. What is the best BMX bicycle for you? Learn all about it here.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-06, 04:59 PM   #1
FitRider 921
I rule with a mighty leg
Thread Starter
 
FitRider 921's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Smithtown, NY
Bikes: Fit Pro custom
Posts: 8,571
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DK Cleveland questions.

In your opinion, what is/are the weakness/es of the DK Cleveland?
__________________
I am Gunz. Gunz are me.
FitRider 921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-06, 05:28 PM   #2
CMcMahon
member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Bikes: Solid AA
Posts: 4,751
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In your opinion, what is/are the weakness/es of http://www.bikeforums.net/search.php?
CMcMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-06, 08:08 PM   #3
FitRider 921
I rule with a mighty leg
Thread Starter
 
FitRider 921's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Smithtown, NY
Bikes: Fit Pro custom
Posts: 8,571
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerman
In your opinion, what is/are the weakness/es of http://www.bikeforums.net/search.php??
Yes, Beerman, I realized there are a lot of forums about the Cleveland, but none of them discuss the weaknesses of the bike.
__________________
I am Gunz. Gunz are me.
FitRider 921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-06, 01:36 AM   #4
bxbmx
Senior Member
 
bxbmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Bikes:
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i guess it doesnt have 4 pegs, and maybe no front brakes, thats what i see from danscomp.com
bxbmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-06, 01:05 PM   #5
Bikebros
Senior Member
 
Bikebros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calgary, Canada
Bikes: Commencal Meta 5.3, Marin Verona, Cannondale F3000 single speed, Standard STA
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Clevelands are really good bikes for the money.

I'm not a fan of the cranks, but for the price you can't get anything better from any other brands. What I don't like about the cranks is that they have loose ball BBs and are kinda heavy and unsofisticated. The BBs can come loose often if you ride lots - one of the reasons sealed BBs are so much better. Oh, i think the sprocket is a bit of a weak point - the iron crosses look great but if you hit them in the wrong spot they dent kind of easily. Oh, and the bearings in the rear wheel are not available at bearing shops - only through DK and DK dealers - so keep an eye on the bearings so you can order some as soon as you see/hear signs of wear.

I personally think the Cleveland is one of the best deals (if not the best) for a good quality cheap bike. Am I biased towards them because I sell them? No, more like I sell them because they're good.
Bikebros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-06, 05:19 PM   #6
FitRider 921
I rule with a mighty leg
Thread Starter
 
FitRider 921's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Smithtown, NY
Bikes: Fit Pro custom
Posts: 8,571
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikebros
Clevelands are really good bikes for the money.

I'm not a fan of the cranks, but for the price you can't get anything better from any other brands. What I don't like about the cranks is that they have loose ball BBs and are kinda heavy and unsofisticated. The BBs can come loose often if you ride lots - one of the reasons sealed BBs are so much better. Oh, i think the sprocket is a bit of a weak point - the iron crosses look great but if you hit them in the wrong spot they dent kind of easily. Oh, and the bearings in the rear wheel are not available at bearing shops - only through DK and DK dealers - so keep an eye on the bearings so you can order some as soon as you see/hear signs of wear.

I personally think the Cleveland is one of the best deals (if not the best) for a good quality cheap bike. Am I biased towards them because I sell them? No, more like I sell them because they're good.
Thanks, yes, I did think think the Cleveland was a pretty good bike for the money too. It was a tossup between the Fit Pro, and the Cleveland, but the Cleveland looks like a much better buy for the money. Do you know anyone that has had any problems with it?
__________________
I am Gunz. Gunz are me.
FitRider 921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-06, 01:36 AM   #7
bmx handyman
DK
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
get the six pack. it has sealed bb and and other than that and a gyro is basically the same. a gyro costs like $20.
bmx handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-06, 02:00 AM   #8
bxbmx
Senior Member
 
bxbmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Bikes:
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
the 6 pack is a lil heavier for some reason. clevelend is 32 lbs.
bxbmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-06, 03:58 AM   #9
bmx handyman
DK
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxbmx
the 6 pack is a lil heavier for some reason. clevelend is 32 lbs.
true...but it only is one pound heavier.and one pound would hardly matter. get a six pack as it is better and is not much more....if that u think that one pound hinders ur performance that much then u are simply just not good enough.
bmx handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-06, 01:40 PM   #10
FitRider 921
I rule with a mighty leg
Thread Starter
 
FitRider 921's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Smithtown, NY
Bikes: Fit Pro custom
Posts: 8,571
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmx handyman
true...but it only is one pound heavier.and one pound would hardly matter. get a six pack as it is better and is not much more....if that u think that one pound hinders ur performance that much then u are simply just not good enough.
The six pack is cheaper than the cleveland.
__________________
I am Gunz. Gunz are me.
FitRider 921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-06, 05:34 PM   #11
bmx handyman
DK
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
really?....shows what i know. but the six pack seems to be better....
bmx handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:24 PM.