Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Banned. Prozakk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Home (don't change this back to "my own personal hell", Mr. Powermad Moderator, and/or computer savvy hacker).
    Posts
    981
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Sending Wrong Parts! Argh!!!

    I have made many orders online in building my bike. Here's my nightmare:

    Dan's Comp- Didn't send Solid headset. No notice as why. I ordered a sealed Pig, then they sent me the Solid. I had to pay return shipping for THEIR screw-up.

    ACE BMX (American Cycle Express)- Sent 3/4" chrome seatpost instead of 1" black post I ordered. Also sent Odyssey Hazard Cassette instead of the flip-flop axles I ordered. I didn't have to pay return shipping.

    Odyssey- I ordered solid axles for my Hazard Wheels, was sent hollow. Awaiting return email to correct wrong shipment.

    There are 2 companies that got things right:

    CBO (Cambria Bicycle Outfitters)

    Albes- SLOWEST shippment ever

    Here's the point of this thread........

    DO NOT SENT WRONG ITEMS. IF THE CUSTOMER DIDN'T ORDER IT, DON'T F'N' SEND THEM WRONG ITEMS. AND YOU SURE AS HELL SHOULDN'T EVER MAKE A CUSTOMER SEND SOMETHING BACK AT THEIR EXPENSE WHEN THEY ARE NOT THE ONES WHO F'ED UP!!!

  2. #2
    SPACE FOR RENT Jerry Garcia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    dark side of the moon
    My Bikes
    05 kink Cielencki, ody LHD cassete hazard light rear,Ody Vandero front, kink og fork, primo tenderizers,fsa pig headset,ody linear slick cable,FSA nasty boy cranks
    Posts
    507
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe call their customer service and speak to the manager instead of using CAPS TO GET YOUR POINT TO US? Because no one here is gona call them for you.

  3. #3
    Long haired freak. wethepeople's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Still stuck in hell.
    My Bikes
    2011 SE Old Man Flyer.
    Posts
    6,280
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your sig says your a freelance gynocologist, maybe you should check yourself out first and get the sand out of your snatch.

    people make mistakes.

  4. #4
    Slanky tozovr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    218
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unzip yer mangina and let yer balls breathe



    ....or buy local....

  5. #5
    Banned. Prozakk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Home (don't change this back to "my own personal hell", Mr. Powermad Moderator, and/or computer savvy hacker).
    Posts
    981
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there IS no local

  6. #6
    Dig. KinetikBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    VA
    My Bikes
    S&M, Nishiki
    Posts
    6,168
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    too bad the Solid headset that Dans sent you is better than the Pig you wanted...and more $...

    same with the Odyssey Cassette (better than flipflop hubs, and stronger...)


    and ive heard good things about Albes...
    maybe i should re-consider...?

  7. #7
    "Uh-uh. Respek Knuckles." hypersnazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    CA
    My Bikes
    '06 LeMond Versailles, '04 S&M Beringer, '03 Quamen Bowls, '68 Raleigh Grand Prix (converted to fixed gear)
    Posts
    1,094
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too bad mailorder killed the LBS market (at least in BMX). There was once a time where you could just go grab that stuff off a shelf and be done with it. O Brave New World...

  8. #8
    member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    My Bikes
    Solid AA
    Posts
    4,751
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Empire is alwasy the way to go, especially since you live in Texas.
    2) Albes is always your second best choice, even if they're shipping slow (which isn't their fault - blame it on UPS).
    3) Dan's may have good deals, but I've gotten anally violated by them before, along with many other people; screw Dan's.
    4) How the hell is ACE even still in business?

  9. #9
    Banned. Prozakk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Home (don't change this back to "my own personal hell", Mr. Powermad Moderator, and/or computer savvy hacker).
    Posts
    981
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman
    1) Empire is alwasy the way to go, especially since you live in Texas.
    2) Albes is always your second best choice, even if they're shipping slow (which isn't their fault - blame it on UPS).
    3) Dan's may have good deals, but I've gotten anally violated by them before, along with many other people; screw Dan's.
    4) How the hell is ACE even still in business?
    1) $$$!
    2) They at least get it right.
    3) LOL
    4) Prices.
    Last edited by Prozakk; 02-12-06 at 08:08 PM.

  10. #10
    Banned. Prozakk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Home (don't change this back to "my own personal hell", Mr. Powermad Moderator, and/or computer savvy hacker).
    Posts
    981
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hypersnazz
    1) Too bad mailorder killed the LBS market (at least in BMX). 2)There was once a time where you could just go grab that stuff off a shelf and be done with it. O Brave New World...
    1) The net was the final nail in the coffin.
    2) Ahhh, the good ol' days!

  11. #11
    Banned. Prozakk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Home (don't change this back to "my own personal hell", Mr. Powermad Moderator, and/or computer savvy hacker).
    Posts
    981
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KinetikBiker04
    1) too bad the Solid headset that Dans sent you is better than the Pig you wanted...and more $...

    2) same with the Odyssey Cassette (better than flipflop hubs, and stronger...)


    3) and ive heard good things about Albes...
    maybe i should re-consider...?
    1) No, too bad I had installed the Pig before the Solid appeared. I like having sealed bearings though.

    2) Their cassette is stronger. I wanted an ACS freewheel. I've had great experiences with them since the early 80's. And I wanted to run 3/16" chain. Beefy drivetrain.

    3) I would say yes.

  12. #12
    Banned. Prozakk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Home (don't change this back to "my own personal hell", Mr. Powermad Moderator, and/or computer savvy hacker).
    Posts
    981
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reply #2, I've done the calls.

    Replies #3 & #4...lol.

  13. #13
    "Uh-uh. Respek Knuckles." hypersnazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    CA
    My Bikes
    '06 LeMond Versailles, '04 S&M Beringer, '03 Quamen Bowls, '68 Raleigh Grand Prix (converted to fixed gear)
    Posts
    1,094
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozakk
    1) The net was the final nail in the coffin.
    2) Ahhh, the good ol' days!
    I just order my stuff straight from QBP. Ah the perks of working at a shop...

  14. #14
    Banned. Prozakk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Home (don't change this back to "my own personal hell", Mr. Powermad Moderator, and/or computer savvy hacker).
    Posts
    981
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Odyssey is not responding to emails.

  15. #15
    Dig. KinetikBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    VA
    My Bikes
    S&M, Nishiki
    Posts
    6,168
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozakk
    1) No, too bad I had installed the Pig before the Solid appeared. I like having sealed bearings though.

    2) Their cassette is stronger. I wanted an ACS freewheel. I've had great experiences with them since the early 80's. And I wanted to run 3/16" chain. Beefy drivetrain.

    3) I would say yes.
    1)re-install the solid its better, stronger, lighter and cleaner looking, and they dont make them anymore (dans just has a crapload left)so i would have kept it (even if you didnt want it you could have sold it for more $$, and the solid has needle bearings, (so its kinda sealed in a sense that its SMOOOTTTTHER than any other headset that i have seen/ridden, and as long as you keep it clean youll be fine with it.

    2) you can run a 3/16" chain on an ody cassette...(i think you can get larger cogs), freewheels suck take it from someone who has Ody flip-flops and wishes i saved up for cassettes...i go through freewheels like every 4-5 months...(and i ride somewhat smooth)


    3) im not going to say anything..because i have never ordered from them, but i was planing on order from them, i guess ill reconsider

  16. #16
    Banned. Prozakk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Home (don't change this back to "my own personal hell", Mr. Powermad Moderator, and/or computer savvy hacker).
    Posts
    981
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KinetikBiker04
    1)re-install the solid its better, stronger, lighter and cleaner looking, and they dont make them anymore (dans just has a crapload left)so i would have kept it (even if you didnt want it you could have sold it for more $$, and the solid has needle bearings, (so its kinda sealed in a sense that its SMOOOTTTTHER than any other headset that i have seen/ridden, and as long as you keep it clean youll be fine with it.

    2) you can run a 3/16" chain on an ody cassette...(i think you can get larger cogs), freewheels suck take it from someone who has Ody flip-flops and wishes i saved up for cassettes...i go through freewheels like every 4-5 months...(and i ride somewhat smooth)


    3) im not going to say anything..because i have never ordered from them, but i was planing on order from them, i guess ill reconsider
    1) Too late, it's already been sent back. The Pig is smooth as can be though.

    2) Flip-flops are already en route. I have not seen 3/16" cogs anyway. I've had no problems w/ACS freewheels. ran them since the early '80's.

    3) Why not? They are slow, but actually sent only what you order.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •