Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

BMX Dirt, vert, flatland or street? Drop in the BMX forum to talk to other 20" riders around the world. What is the best BMX bicycle for you? Learn all about it here.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-07, 07:18 AM   #1
KinetikBiker
Dig.
Thread Starter
 
KinetikBiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA
Bikes: S&M, Nishiki
Posts: 6,168
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Another thread of no relevance.

Just babbling...

First off finally some nicer weather! Yesterday was my second day back starting up digging again. I've gotten back into working on my website and will probly start to actually use it and update it once the trails are hittin' and i get can some pictures and clips. I'll let you all know.


Second...my Shadow driver again.
This time i noticed alot of skipping when i was riding my box so i took a few minutes to check her out. Turns out my chain is cracked. So i fix that no big deal. Then it's still skipping so i take the driver off and hub apart. What do you know...the 2 of the 4 springs are broken and flopping around in there. NO GOOD.
So i e-mailed Shadow's warranty people to see if they will help me out...again. If this **** happens again i'm going to lace up my rim to a Profile. I can't be killing these drivers every month.


Third...It's supposed to snow Wednesday around here and that's going to suck. At least we have huge tarps everywhere at our trails

Fourth...I've become smiley happy. I use them too much.
KinetikBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-07, 07:47 AM   #2
East Hill
Lanky Lass
 
East Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?
Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.
Posts: 21,514
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KinetikBiker
Just babbling...

First off finally some nicer weather! Yesterday was my second day back starting up digging again. I've gotten back into working on my website and will probly start to actually use it and update it once the trails are hittin' and i get can some pictures and clips. I'll let you all know.


Second...my Shadow driver again.
This time i noticed alot of skipping when i was riding my box so i took a few minutes to check her out. Turns out my chain is cracked. So i fix that no big deal. Then it's still skipping so i take the driver off and hub apart. What do you know...the 2 of the 4 springs are broken and flopping around in there. NO GOOD.
So i e-mailed Shadow's warranty people to see if they will help me out...again. If this **** happens again i'm going to lace up my rim to a Profile. I can't be killing these drivers every month.


Third...It's supposed to snow Wednesday around here and that's going to suck. At least we have huge tarps everywhere at our trails

Fourth...I've become smiley happy. I use them too much.
I was told I should use more smilies because otherwise people don't understand my English sense of humour. Eightdip can probably relate to that.

I probably shouldn't mention that yesterday it was almost 60 degrees Fahrenheit here. I went out for a ride, and then went shooting. It was a good day.

East Hill
__________________
___________________________________________________
TRY EMPATHY & HAVE LOVE IN YOUR HEART, PERHAPS I'LL SEE YOU ON THE ROAD...
East Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-07, 08:01 AM   #3
minichamp31
Yeah. I Race.
 
minichamp31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northeastern PA
Bikes: Custom Race, 2007 GT Bump, 2007 Gt Powerseries Pro, Dyno VFR
Posts: 2,888
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by East Hill
I was told I should use more smilies because otherwise people don't understand my English sense of humour. Eightdip can probably relate to that.

I probably shouldn't mention that yesterday it was almost 60 degrees Fahrenheit here. I went out for a ride, and then went shooting. It was a good day.

East Hill
Lucky. We had another two hour delay due to the wind chill factor being below zero....again.
minichamp31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-07, 10:16 AM   #4
MadMan2k
Canon fiend
 
MadMan2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Bikes: old peugot frankenbike
Posts: 3,914
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Damn, what a piece of crap. I'm never buying a Shadow hub now...

It's starting to warm up here, it was warm enough to ride with a t-shirt yesterday. I suck more now since I'm out of practice, and my legs are a little sore from riding when they weren't used to it.
__________________
jonbuder.com
MadMan2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-07, 01:34 PM   #5
FitRider 921
I rule with a mighty leg
 
FitRider 921's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Smithtown, NY
Bikes: Fit Pro custom
Posts: 8,571
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan2k
Damn, what a piece of crap. I'm never buying a Shadow hub now...
word.
__________________
I am Gunz. Gunz are me.
FitRider 921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-07, 05:24 PM   #6
mude
Baned.
 
mude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 3,992
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KinetikBiker
At least we have huge tarps everywhere at our trails
except my line dick.

also. i rode duke st. today.
remind me never to ride there again.
I'm going to van **** tomorow. give me a call.
__________________
5000
mude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-07, 05:55 PM   #7
premiumbmx2005
ride.
 
premiumbmx2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Connecticut
Bikes: Premium 2005
Posts: 2,260
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my trails are still all snow
premiumbmx2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-07, 08:19 PM   #8
minichamp31
Yeah. I Race.
 
minichamp31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northeastern PA
Bikes: Custom Race, 2007 GT Bump, 2007 Gt Powerseries Pro, Dyno VFR
Posts: 2,888
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by premiumbmx2005
my trails are still all snow
If I had any, I wish I did, they would be all ice and frozen. With snow on top of that.
minichamp31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-07, 09:35 AM   #9
KinetikBiker
Dig.
Thread Starter
 
KinetikBiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA
Bikes: S&M, Nishiki
Posts: 6,168
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by premiumbmx2005
my trails are still all snow
Sucks. Ours are a bit wet but we've got tarps to protect them from the snow that is currently coming down .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mude
except my line dick.
also. i rode duke st. today.
remind me never to ride there again.
I'm going to van **** tomorow. give me a call.
Haha you wouldn't come help us steal the tarps so we didn't get you one!
And i love Duke St. but Van **** is by far greater. I'll drop you a line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minichamp31
If I had any, I wish I did, they would be all ice and frozen. With snow on top of that.
If you want trails...go find a spot in the woods and dig! It's all controlled by you.
KinetikBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:36 AM.