Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: If

  1. #1
    Dig. KinetikBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    VA
    My Bikes
    S&M, Nishiki
    Posts
    6,168
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    If

    I rawed my frame, would the stress marks from the welds show?

    Or would they be gone because of the sanding and stuff?

    Cause i think i'm going to raw her up, and see how she looks. If i like it, i'll clear coat her. If not, i'll get some primer and give her a fresh new shade of green

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    212
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KinetikBiker
    I rawed my frame, would the stress marks from the welds show?

    Or would they be gone because of the sanding and stuff?

    Cause i think i'm going to raw her up, and see how she looks. If i like it, i'll clear coat her. If not, i'll get some primer and give her a fresh new shade of green
    I've seen it done a few times. It looked ok no stress marks showed. You could try polishing it. I've seen it done and it's almost like chrome but not all the way. If you want an easy way to strip your frame down use some chemical stripper from autozone. Comes in a big spray can works great.

  3. #3
    BMX Veteran live4muzic2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    H3N-DURR-SUN,Las vegas,Nevada
    My Bikes
    gt mirraco redline torker2 magna mini
    Posts
    1,704
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sanding should get rid of visual stress marks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dependent View Post
    Lol where would it break... it has the bigger axles...

  4. #4
    Senior Member eightdip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Manchester, England
    My Bikes
    T1 Ruben
    Posts
    4,038
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It never looks as good as frames that are meant to be raw. Just like rattle can jobs never look at good as the original paint
    Dip me in chocolate and feed me to the Lesbians, eight times because thats my name.

  5. #5
    Dig. KinetikBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    VA
    My Bikes
    S&M, Nishiki
    Posts
    6,168
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eightdip
    It never looks as good as frames that are meant to be raw. Just like rattle can jobs never look at good as the original paint
    I disagree. I've seen some really good rattle can jobs.


    I've got to decide what shade of green to do. Any suggestions?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    212
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KinetikBiker
    I disagree. I've seen some really good rattle can jobs.


    I've got to decide what shade of green to do. Any suggestions?
    Rattle cans look good but chip quickly

  7. #7
    BMX Veteran live4muzic2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    H3N-DURR-SUN,Las vegas,Nevada
    My Bikes
    gt mirraco redline torker2 magna mini
    Posts
    1,704
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    id either do it really dark or like bright neon
    Quote Originally Posted by Dependent View Post
    Lol where would it break... it has the bigger axles...

  8. #8
    Dig. KinetikBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    VA
    My Bikes
    S&M, Nishiki
    Posts
    6,168
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by live4muzic2
    id either do it really dark or like bright neon
    I'm not going to go any darker then it is now. Probably a few shades lighter than it's current state. Neon green is out of the question because my friend just bought a PW Moto that's green like that.

    Quote Originally Posted by iwantakona
    Rattle cans look good but chip quickly
    To be honest, i think that if i used more coats of the paint along with more clear coat, i wouldn't have had any chipping or problems at all.

  9. #9
    BMX Veteran live4muzic2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    H3N-DURR-SUN,Las vegas,Nevada
    My Bikes
    gt mirraco redline torker2 magna mini
    Posts
    1,704
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats simallar to what my dad said two days ago when buying my seat and post. he siad to get this crappy seat and post but i told him that my best freind (who i always ride with) has it. i just fot the macneil then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dependent View Post
    Lol where would it break... it has the bigger axles...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •