Well...here's your thread for answers. All of us have come to "that" decision once before. However, to avoid conflict, I ask that you do a few things:
1) State your budget. Please realize that almost any NEW BMX less than $200 is worthless unless it's on sale.
2) Do your homework. Please don't ask which bike to buy, but rather give 2-3 choices (preferably with prices) and let us help you decide.
3)Don't buy an aluminum bike for tricks.
4) If you're looking at a USED bike, state the condition (get a pic or link if you can), the price, and why you want it. For example, you might want it for a particular part. Then we can tell you if the part is worth the price of the bike, but only if you tell us the needed info.
5) Take advice. Don't go buy the bike everyone says not to and expect us to help when something breaks on it.
So, give us your choices and we'll do our best to help you.
For those who reply:
1) Don't post something like "odyssey sux" or "that bike's junk!" Give a reason for your claim.
2) Realize that money is an issue. Some people can't afford certain brands. For instance, a lot of riders do not prefer Eastern, but that's the best some of us can do.
That's it. So ask questions and we'll give you answers.